top of page

On November 2, 1958, a small group of courageous believers met in a home to start a church. On that day 10 of those folks became charter members of the Stone Mountain Advent Christian Church. One of those charter members, Carl Welch, had helped the church to purchase 2.5 acres of land at 5746 Rockbridge Road in Stone Mountain. Initially, the church met in a small, white house that was on the property. In 1960, the church called its first Pastor.

Our growth continues...

Pastor Bixler and his wife moved into the small white house. Pastor Bixler had experience in construction. At the time, Jimmy Carter was Governor of Georgia and he ordered that the carving on Stone Mountain be completed. The church in Stone Mountain was able to use the granite from the mountain to build a beautiful two-story church. In 1966, the church moved their services from the little white house into the basement of the church while construction continued on the sanctuary upstairs. In 1970, Pastor Bixler and his wife retired to Florida.

In 1971, the church called their second Pastor, Richard Polk and his wife, Marion. The Polk's had been pastoring on a Navajo First Nation reservation in New Mexico. Soon after their arrival in Stone Mountain, the church moved into the upstairs sanctuary. In 1973, a tennis court was added on the church property. In 1974, the church built a 1600 square foot white brick parsonage on the property for Pastor and Mrs. Polk to inhabit. In the late 1970s, the little white house was removed from the property. Following this in 1981, Pastor Polk resigned to start a new church in Gainesville, Florida. 

On August 18th of 1981, Brent Ross and his wife, Janie became the third pastor and current pastor. In 1987, the church build a gymnasium and Christian education building on the site of the old tennis court. This building was used daily to minister to the community. In 1992, the church voted to sell the building and land to an AME Zion Church and to relocate the church. After MUCH prayer and several disappointments, on October 13, 1996, God led the church to the move to 4037 Bailey Circle in Loganville, Georgia. 

This is a beautiful 8-acre property right off Highway 20. The new church has offices, classrooms, a sanctuary and a gymnasium. Because we are no longer in Stone Mountain, the church changed its name to Hope Community Fellowship. The name incorporates our hope in the second coming of Jesus, our desire to minister in and to our community, and our emphasis on fellowship as the family of God. During this time, the church board adopted the church motto -- Hope Community Fellowship is a Great Commission Church with a Great Commandment Heart. 

What does that mean? It means we want to share God's Love wherever we go. That means in our community but also to the whole world. Our church has been involved in Mission trips to Honduras where a few years ago we built a church in the mountain of village Las Pilas. Over the years some of our member shave gone to the Mission Field as missionaries. Our church has discipled young men and women who now serve as leaders in other churches. Hope Community Fellowship is actively involved in efforts to unite the body of Christ in Loganville and the surrounding area. 

bottom of page